Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

my lab puppy is not whining but howling all through the night tried every...

...thing any suggestions? We have tried putting her with our older dog, i actually gave in last night and had her in my bedroom where she didnt make a sound , only walking around , its to be expected i know , but i never heard a noise like it, she is as good as gold all day, is more or less house trained , but just turns into a wolf at night any help greatly appreciated, sounds silly but it is affecting my every day life now, cheers guys

Downloads
    Uploads
    you have to ignore the howls for the fisrt few nights! never go down to see the puppy as she will think you are going to come down everytime she howls!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok sounds like puppy loneliness and boredom, try a blanket with a ticking alarm clock in the crate, or a stuffed toy that it cannot destroy overnight...also housebreaking is not the only thing to worry about with a puppy, especially a lab. they can and will get into things and chew things when not supervised a few shoes here and there wouldnt be a problem I guess but they can get into things and eat things that can hurt them and be very dangerous. seriously just try to ignore it make sure it goes potty before bed and buy a pair of earmuffs till it goes away and it will. also your older dog may or may not have been a comfort to it, although if the two dogs will be living together it may not be a bad idea but for now I would keep it alone, just because you dont alwys know how an older dog will react sometimes and especially if no one is there to supervise

Downloads
    Uploads
    If she really howls and you think its really an emergency try:

Feeding her
    Letting her Drink
    Loosen her collar
    Untie her

Let her out of her cage
    Take her to the vet...maybe shes sick..

Downloads
    Uploads
    You must sort this now, she is already training you> Last night she learned that if sh howls you will let her into your bedroom. You MUST try and ignore this for a few nights, like a child she will learn that if something doesnt get results she will stop. You can try leaving a clock in her bed or a radio on low but DONT let her become boss or you will have a lifetime of problems. A good walk before bed then earplugs are what I reccomend

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have the same the puppy problem for that, my theory is that even at night, all dogs want to stay out of the house even within a room. What I noticed is that all the dogs who were put in a cage or something usually howl not only during the night but also during daytime.