Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    *&&*

Joining the Navy?

I'm very serious about joining the Navy. But since I'm completing my last semester in college (Spring '08), I won't be able to ship out until afterwards. I've heard about the Delayed Entry program. How does that work? Are there any type of weekend drills until I ship out??

J Andy A
    I don't believe there are any weekend drills involved with the Delayed Entry Program. You simply sign a contract to become active duty for a specific date in the future, at which time you would begin the process of enlistment and formal military training.

In your case, as a prospective college grad, you should consider signing-up for Officer Candidate School, ROTC, or you could join the Naval Reserves (which would require intermittent weekend drills and two-weeks active duty for training between college semesters).

Anti-Patriotic 2008
    The Navy is a HUGE waste of time and energy.

martin h
    Sing the answer:In the navy
    You can get down on your knees
    In the navy

You may catch a weird disease

C B
    If you have a college degree don't enlist.

Gordon S
    I went in on the delayed entry program in 1970 went for my physical 6 months before I had to report, and no there was any drills. If you have a college degree you might want to think about applying to officer candidate school and becoming an officer.

The Mechanic
    Talk with your recruiter and they can arrange the day that you ship that will work with your schedule.