actions, why she doesn't get it? My mother in law is trying to make up for being such a loser for a parent. My husband raised himself along with his three sisters. His mom was busy out marrying 3 times, dating, experimenting, and God knows what else. I just don't like her as a person, and I want her to know that! She tries to be nice to me and I just want nothing to do with her. We've been married for 2 yrs. and just now she has keen interest in visiting us. She keeps visiting us over 5 times a month and it's getting old and annoying. Whenever my husband has a day off that she knows about, it's all about her. She calls him, says she'll be over, asks to go places with us, etc.

Why does my MIL think I'm welcoming when I'm not? If someone acted like me, I'd probably ignore them and not try to make nice anyways. She's fake around me and tries to be the perfect MIL and I'm not buying it.

Is this just part of her plot to annoy me even further? Does she even know what she's doing?

I literally bring out the broom and spray lysol after they touch things and right before they leave. I make them take off their shoes at the door and have a very strong sign on my door dictating that since they failed to do so before. And she still wants me to like her?
No, she's not trying to be an adult. She's overstepping her mother in law boundaries. You see, when you get married, you're supposed to spend LESS time with your parents, not MORE.