Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: Euthanasia?

Hybrid View

*~Jessica~*

Euthanasia?

Ok for english i have to do a report on euthanasia. My english teacher asked "what if the person did not have a will, who would it be up to?" First i said the patients family, but she said no....that would be considered murder and that would get into court matters if certain family members disagreed.

So my question is, If the patient did not have a will, and was like braindead or could not speak or something, who would make the decision to pull the plug. (besides fam. members?).

Please, if you dont know dont answer.

fredo
    Well, you should take a position and argue it. Your teacher does not have the authoritative view, she is someone with a viewpoint that you are free to disagree with. If you think the patient's family should make that decision, argue it. The other options are the person's doctors, or the government. I'd certainly say that the patient's family is a better alternative.

It's not a matter of who "knows," because there isn't an answer--it's an ethical problem. Decide what you think and write about it.