How rude would it be if I don't tell the kids where I am going on vacation?

MaggieMayNot

Jul 19, 2008
The hubby and I got a condo on the beach for the month of August. we are celebrating our 30th anniversary on the 4th. Our kids are all in their 20's. We dont want to tell them where we are going because we know they will "tag along" every chance they can.
Should we be nice and tell them the address, or say..."Scram"?

they are old enough to know you need to get away for a little while for some private fun, just tell them, you need to let them know where they can get in touch with you in the case of an emergency. but put you foot down and just say no

Be nice, but don't tell them the address. Say, "Hey kids! Your dad and I are taking a private getaway--just the two of us. We'll see you in a month; we love you all a lot." If they ask where, just tell them, "I'll tell you everything when we get home, but this vacation is only for us."

A month is a long time. Are you and your husband used to hanging out that much? How about spend 2 weeks as giddy lovebirds and then call the kids to come visit the 2nd half of the vacation? Have fun.

scram...tell them you will call and check in when you get there and when you are leaving but other than that, it's none of their beeswax. If there is an emergency and they really need to get a hold of you, leave an em. number with a trusted friend.

Back