Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    jennifer s

Have you ever contested a parking ticket in court and won?

I got a parking ticket the other morning at 5am for parking on the wrong side of the street during alternate parking season. My city has alternate side parking between 1 and 6am during winter to aid in snow removal. The reason I want to contest the ticket is that the street i parked on is less than a block long with NO building so it is impossible to tell which side of the street is ODD or EVEN. (you park on the odd side on odd days and even on even days). The ticket is only 20$, but I am really annoyed and I do not believe this ticket is valid. Should I contest the ticket or just shut up?

Wendy
    yes , once only, It was really funny, because I was driving my niece to school and her school is like right next door, about one minutes, and as soon as I pulled out to the street, barely speeding, out came a cop and got a ticket for speeding, and a lecture about speeding with kids present, so I brought my niece out to court and we fought the ticket and won.
    To answer your question if you want to fight it, then fight it, but I would just pay the darn tickets.

Mary Jo W
    no
    i have always lost in court

Bob H
    Mostly I go 'cause they lower it to get rid of you.

RT(R)
    ignorance of the law is no excuse legally. you'll lose. and if you go in, it'll cost you even more in gas money, court costs, parking etc. just pay it.

Aaron H
    take pictures and prove it