Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
+ Reply to Thread
    Downloads
    Uploads

Model UN Committee Ideas? (preferably that have to do with China)?

My high school is hosting a Model UN conference, and if we submit committee proposals, we can head that committee. I really want to head a committee but I don't have any ideas- help! I'm interested in China so I would prefer to have one having to do with China or at least where China would play some part but if you have a different idea that doesn't have to do with China, feel free to post that too. I'm interested in economics and China as a major world power, but I don't know how to really form that into a committee- that's just my main interest though, it can be anything. They even allow historical ones. Please post any committees you think of or have heard of or been on that have to do with China or were just really good ones. Thanks so much!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to do a historical focus, you can have a forum on whether you feel it would be advantageous for China to move past the communist Mao regime and adopt a capitalist system. It's a two way street. The Mao regime resulted in the biggest famine in world history (something like 60 million people starved because of the faulty use of the doctrine) on the flip side, once they started shifting toward capitlism the country took off economically, but all the private companies that moved in trashed the environment completely. China is now home to 18 of the world's 20 polluted cities, and this is directly correlated to their shift towards capitilism. That's the gist of it, but naturally you could polish it off with some research of your own.

+ Reply to Thread