Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can i easily take all my data off my computer then put it back on after...

...inatlling vista? To upgrade my computer to windows vista i need to cleanly install meaning i have to get rid of all my files. But if you have some versions of XP (which i don't) you can install on the spot and everything becomes vista-a-fied. (if thats a verb....) so i know its possible to restore everything. Is there software which will put everything onto an external hard drive and put everything back after instalation if you know what i mean? Is there an easier way to do it? Can someone help?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes.

Windows XP and Vista keep all sort of information in all sorts of places, so just backing up files will not do the job.

But you can use the FIles and Settings Transfer Wizard to do this. Download the latest version to your XP PC first. Do not just use the one that came with XP. Then run it. It will transfer all the stuff to your hard drive.

Then install Vista as a clean install (not an in place install or upgrade).

Then run the Wizard from Vista.