Is a sore throat normal after screaming?

cordero0013

Jul 28, 2008
I just recently started screaming for a band, and we have only had like 3 shows. But my voice is a bit sore from last night's show...we performed like 9 songs. I was wondering if because I am a novice at this whole business, is it common for the throat to be a bit sore? Or am I doing something wrong? I've read a lot about screaming from the diaphragm and whatnot but I wasn't sure if it was just natural at this stage or not.

Well as a screamer myself I've learned that If your throat hurts after singing your doing something wrong. I've done 42 songs straight easy - no strain. Try singing from your gut. Sounds weird I know. Easy way to figure out how to do this is to scream but poke on your gut as you do this. You may raise your pitch a little but after you learn how to sing from your gut naturally your pitch will return.

but i scream from my voice box and it doenst hurt whats up with that :S

Well "Unregistered" it appears that you have found your inner voice. Everybody screams differently. You'll lose you voice eventually if you keep screaming from your "voice box" though. So keep that in mind.

Sources are - past experience.

Well, I sing almost everyday and since yesterday my throat is in pain and i checked my throat and its really red. What should i do to treat it? Home remedies? Tips?

ok im in the same space. im screaming from my gut. and ive been doing the tunnel throat tecnique. it sounds ok but my throat gets a bit soar. can that happen from not being hydrated?

Back