Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

If I have a slow internet connection, can it slow down my entire computer system?

Before, I had high speed cable (about 5 Mbps) and my computer ran smoothly. When I moved, I changed ISP's and now the speed is about 1 Mbps. Could the slower internet connection cause my computer to run slower too? Like when I'm on the Internet and I multi-task and have other programs running at the same time, they seem to run slower now - which never occurred when I had 5 Mbps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviously It will slow down,Depends- where is it exactly slow? is it while surfing the internet, or when running programs? either way, you can make it go faster. If your internet is slow, you should scan your computer for viruses and spyware using suitable programs.Slow internet happens for various reasons. You might have poor hardware connecting your machine to the wall. Maybe your modem-router is not configured correctly.These are just some of many possibilities. If you think that your internet connection is slow, Follow these :- 1 .Switch to a different browser 2.Remove unwanted add-ons, extensions, and plugins3.Close unused tabs 4.Allow (some) cookies and caching Check all once and Do a speed test on your computer here scanmyspeed It will be fast than before..Hope it helps you..
    Last edited by Shalma; 03-12-2014 at 10:03 AM.