Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What plan do I need with T-mobile for my unlocked iphone2g?

I'm currently with MetroPCS, and I'm buying an unlocked 2g iphone, and want to sign up with Tmobile. Do i need to sign a 2yr contract? What services do I need with Tmobile to utilize all the perks on the iphone? Thanks!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll need the Total Internet package. It's $19.99 a month, and allows unlimited internet access for that flat fee. You can call Customer Care at 1-800-937-8997 to get it set up.

After you get the SIM into the unlocked phone, voice will work immediately, but you'll need to get the internet set up on the phone. The only setting that needs to be set up is the APN; it should be "internet2.voicestream.com" (don't use the quotes) unless you set up a VPN-capable account, in which case it should be "internet3.voicestream.com"

If it doesn't work the first time, reset the network settings (DON'T reset any other settings or you could re-lock the phone!!!), and enter the APN again; it should work the 2nd time around.

If you run into problems, you're more than welcome to call us at the same number and ask for Tier III support, and we can walk you through the process, but it's pretty easy.