Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do you hook up xbox live 360 using a modem? ( direct hook up)?

recently my friends hooked up xbox live using a wireless router and stuff on my xbox. then he had to leave. so he un pluged everythin. he told me just to do a direct hook up. The thing is i have no idea what that is. What are the steps?

so far i took the ethernet cable out of my computer and placed it into my xbox 360 in the back. i tested the connection and it said ip address failed. what do i have to do?

if this helps- i have a Gateway using Vista and my 360 is a Arcade version, but i do have a 20 gb hardrive.

thanks lots for help.
    the cord that im using is CAT 5

Unregistered
    Simply hook the cat 5 (or the Ethernet Cable) to a modem and ur xbox 360, then a phone wire into the plug in the phone jack then plug that to the modem ,then the final step,plug the power cord to the modem then it should be workin fine.

Unregistered
    i can hook up my ethernet cable directly yo my x box to my pc but my computer is hooked up to the internet wirelessly it says the ip is wrong but on the computer the network connections says its a bad connection

Unregistered

xbox help

so you go to start ,run .ipconfig /all then you see your ip addres and subet mask and dsl ok now when you go into your xbox 360 and go to thhe last blad were it says settings then network then configure network and instead put manuel instead of automatic then you enter all the information .....have a nice day

Unregistered
    my xbox is hooked up fine and everything but for some reason it wont connect to the internet.im using verizon wireless broadband

Unregistered

how to connect

okay im hooking to a modem and everything is hooked up fine but when i go to test connection it says im not connected to the internet when i am . so what do i do?

Unregistered

Check2

whats a phone jack,,, I dont get it...

Unregistered
    Thank You for your help

Unregistered
    can i hook my xbox up to just a modem and still connect to the internet??

Unregistered
    mine still says cant obtain ip adress