What do I need to know about audio systems for a car?

lolo1

Jul 5, 2008
I'm getting a scion TC, and I'm going to go with stock audio system and replace it.. but to be honest I know nothing about cars or specifically, audio systems.

so what are all the stuff i need? like sub woofers, main system?? Also umm i listen to rock so does that make a difference?

thanks, will choose best answer

ok
basically i kno quite a bit about systems, maybe not cuz idk what a scion TC is
anyways
basically u have highs, mids, and lows
subs = lows
6x9 = mids
tweeters (and such) = highs

subs are for the bass, which makes that hard hitting sound u that u always hear in cars.

6x9s are for the regular sounds, like the singing and what not

tweets are for the very high piched sound.

all of these help the sound of ur system to sound good

first u need to understand what the best brand
personally i think that kicker is the best brand overall, punches could be good too

before my dad took my car away i had 3 12" kickers and 2 punch 6x9s (didnt get a chance to get tweets)
but i listen to rap and rock

if ur gonna have subs then i recommend having an amp because ur car cant produce the power that it needs. some people plug amps up to everything because it actually makes it all sound better

now if u dont want a lot of bass cuz u listen to rock and u just want a good sounding system then i suggest u get 2 10" kickers with 3 kicker 6x9s and plug about a 600 watt JBL amp up to all that
(WIRING UP AN AMP AND SPEAKERS TAKES EXPERIENCE, DONT TRY ON UR OWN, GET AN EXPERIENCE HAND TO TEACH U)

then if u really wanna go all out then u could get a compacitor to make it sound even better, which helps to equal out ur sound cuz the subs will suck out ur battery power, making ur lights flicker at night

now if u like bass then i would try to get 2 15" square kickers and hook up a strong enough amp to them

ur gonna need a box for each of them things
even tho for my 6x9s i took out the industrials in the back and made new holes in the metal to accomidate the bigger size and just screwed them in place. dont sound as good but its louder

u could look up more info online. its ez to learn

Back