Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I learn to exhale scream and do pig squeals? Serious answers only, please?

I want to learn how, but I don't know where to start. I Really want to be in a band and be able to scream and sound good doing so lol. I already know how to sing but I don't know what to do about the screaming. Any tips?

Thanks.

Unregistered
    Ok, basically you need to choose a screaming style, whether its inhale or exhale, each comes with its pros and cons.
    Inhale is easy, and good for low grunts and low pig squeals. But it is almost always going to affect your lungs in a negative way.
    Exhale is hard at the start, and needs constant training, its good for everything. But you need to use your false vocal cords to scream.

Either of these techniques require the utilization of your diaphragm. Which you probably knew as a singer. Screaming isn't much different than singing. But it requires entirely new fundamentals to perfect(just like singing)
    You can find some helpful advice on youtube.
    But dont take just one person's word on it, people are inaccurate when describing how to do it and it could make you confused. Also, check out Melissa Cross's "Zen of Screaming 1 and 2 DVDs" But be advised that these are only tips to improve your screaming technique, not how to do them. I would go into other types of screams but you will get confused so i'll leave it at that. Good Luck Screaming!!

Unregistered
    pig squeling and inhaling isnt hard, try like. making and O with your lips, and shove your chin out, then inhale, but close your throat, not letting any air into your lungs, then touch your toungue to the roof of your mouth and let enough air through to make the squeel. then just move your jaw and lips around to change the pitch. for inhale screaming start off the same, and while doing the pig squeal, open your mouth wide and it should come naturally

Unregistered
    Hey.

The way i started out was by exhaling, it sounds awful at first and always start off quietly you dont want to stress your vocal chords, just keep practising and do vocal warm ups, vocal warm ups might make you feel stupid but they really work, try talking like marge simpson for a wile, tht will loosen your vocal chords, the whole aspect of screaming is loosening your vocal chords, but dont stress them if you start couging or it hurts wile your screaming and after, your doing it wrong find a way to do it that is comfortable for you and work on getting it to flow more and to sound a bit louder, also just before you scream breath in to your stomach not your chest, when you breath in through your stomach it raises the diafram and lets a more clean sounding screm come out without all the "gritty" noise get to it that you would expect to hear from not breathing from your stomach, so when you breath in make sure you push your stomach out.

Hope it helps, its kinda hard to explain to people how to scream.

Take a breath and scream your heart out!

check out my band. MySpace.com - HER BLACKENED ENTRAILS (CHECK NEW MERCH!) - Leicester, UK - Metal - www.myspace.com/herblackenedentrails

cheers.

Unregistered

exhale vs inhale

i've been inhaleing for just under a year and i'm in a trancemetal / metalcore band. inhale i must admit is easier but if you want a cleaner sound try exhale, it sounds weird at first but i can now do that also. Most metalcore bands such as Bring me the horizon exhale and sounds amazing so if you want metalcore vocals please exhale. to exhale you must try tense your belly like your having a big S**T but dont tense to hard you may pass out. Just be carefull not to over do it, remember its just distortion on the voice not a loud yell and that you gota sound like you... but dont be afraid to experiement to find your own sound. Inhale vocals may at times hurt your chest but will sound good. Inhale is basicly breathing in but not at the same rate so you don't take as much air to your lungs. alot of inhale is using vocal cords and just tightening them. when inhaleing your chest will push in slightly so dont find it weird lol. hopefully this helps

Unregistered
    i have been exhaleing for about 5months and I have been in 9 differnt bands i Know<br>becuase they all fall apart<br>if u h=want to exhale got ot youtub look up addvise on it<br>drink water and practise everyday to a easy song<br>nmaek sure u pronouce your words and not yoohhuuuhoyoohh<br>becuase u will sound like shite

Unregistered

Headphones

thanks for the help

Unregistered

Power Drill weiner

Fuck you tiny cocks you weiner holes!!!

Unregistered

Try this :)

Im in a band, and i exhale, i think i sound pretty good, im only 13, but i sound great, i think, sometimes you have to be a natural born screamer, my voice doesnt hurt after a scream
    what i do is---

1.i do the oooohhhhhh YEAH! from the beginning from psychosocial from slipknot
    2.I start to say random things
    3.once my voice gets used to it i can scream for a very long time
    4.Record, although it does take time to get the screams perfect xD
    5.Get a bunch of air before you scream, like breathing exercises
    6.DRINK WATER EVERY ONCE OF A WHILE!!
    7.Scream the way you like, im not telling you how you feel when you scream, just tips

Thats about it, good luck!

Plz watch my video on youtube!!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnB1NuTBDiI]YouTube - Reborn Eternity Phycosocial Cover Preveiw[/ame]

Unregistered

hepz

ily thanks for all the help mate
    you have no idea how long ive been trying to find out
    you have totally made me understand it now

thanx i have really been trying. i can kinda of exhale but it hurts when i inhale should i keep inhaling screamng.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast