Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does the product at Plugandsave.com REALLY work??

Just wondering because of course any demo is going to make you want to purchase the product. I am curious if this will really work. Apparently it is supposed to cut your bill 30-40% which seems like a really huge savings. Thanks for any advice!

Unregistered
    most likely a sham and I will hold that until there is scientific information as well as hard evidence to back their claim.

Unregistered
    its the same thing as this pretty much from what they said:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nj-Ddg9XCA]YouTube - XPower Energy saver is a scam![/ame]

Unregistered
    why would they offer a 100% guarantee though if it didn't work? surely if they've been around for a while they'd not survive?

What do you think?

Unregistered
    Guarantees by sham product hucksters are meaningless. They don't pay them out and often the only reason they take 6-8 weeks to ship you a product is so that you are outside the dispute right period on your credit card.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope nobody minds me contributing here but I'm the director of Plug and Save.com.

Deemanota, you are smart to be cautious because unfortunately there are a number of products available that do not live up to their guarantees.

I'm not here to advertise our product but I would like to give readers some advice about how to choose a quality PowerSaver and also for those commentators who've chosen to stay anonymous I'd like to give you some reassurance that we stand by all our promises.

When Choosing a PowerSaving Device:

- Be sure you are dealing with a unit that has enough capacity to save power on at least one power circuit. There are extremely cheap PowerSavers marketed online; you'll see these on eBay for about $20 or less. These do have the save power-saving technologies as their larger versions but only have the capacity to work for a few lights.

- Be sure that your powersavers come with replaceable fuses. The units work by absorbing power spikes in the circuits and if a spike is large enough it can damage the units irreparably unless the fuse can be changed.

- Every country has different power setups so it's important to check that the PowerSaver you're buying can be used in your country.

- Be realistic with your estimations on savings. Western countries have more efficient electrical distribution than developing countries. Where savings can be 40% (or more) in developing countries, it's more realistic to expect savings of around 15% in Europe, Australia and the USA.

For those anonymous commenters

Please respect that we have been manufacturing our PowerSavers for about three years. We only sell online and have both PayPal and Credit Card processing available as payment methods.

There is absolutely no way at all that we'd be able to continue to sell our products with these processors if our customers were not happy. PayPal protects customs for 90 days from purchase and Authorize.net are prepared to assume the risk of every credit card customer filing for a chargeback over a 12 month timeframe.

We do not send out orders a month after they've been ordered. We make shipments three times per week and customers recieve their order within 7 days by recorded delivery.

And ... if you're still unsure ...

How about this ... Just place an order with us, pay through PayPal and fund the order with a credit card (this gives you protection from two seperate companies) and also mention 'Ihav.net Refund Guarantee' in the comments section on the last page of the order form.

If you do this, you'll have complete protection on your order and I'll personally make sure that if you're not happy with your order for any reason, and that you return it back to us in good condition within 3 months, I'll refund you for your outbound postage cost as well.

I'm not here to start a discussion but if you'd like to speak with me, please get in touch via our site.

Thanks for your time,

Martin

Tulipman

Simply NOT a realistic product!! Should be called: Powersurge suppressor!!

Quote Originally Posted by PlugandSave.com View Post
    I hope nobody minds me contributing here but I'm the director of Plug and Save.com.

- Be realistic with your estimations on savings. Western (European) countries have more efficient electrical distribution than developing countries. Where 'savings' can be 40% (or more) in developing countries, it's more realistic to expect savings of around 15% in Europe, Australia and the USA.
    Martin
    I have opened one, and inside there is ONLY a huge capacitor, and a fuse.
    The fuse is actually the most useful part, otherwise you could end up with your house on fire.
    Just watch this YouTube recording:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8nT97CrgcU]YouTube - Exploding capacitor[/ame]

Looks pretty scary, and this is only a SMALL capacitor!!!

The capacitor 'smoothes' the 'spiked' sinusoidal shape of the AC power, removing the spikes.

Using integral calculus these spikes are extremely small in occupied space (i.e. : energy), and are realistically a VERY small part of the whole sinusoidal waveform.

Actually the unit is literally just a Powersurge supressor, nothing more, nothing less.

A powersurge capacitor of 1 Farad (capacity is expressed in Farad, like temperature is expressed in Celcius) can be had on eBay for about 45 British Pounds.....

So, a plug&save unit that cost 350 euro, well, quite a good profit for a just a silly Powersurge protector and a fuse....

Like Martin says: The powergrid in the USA is a piece of shitty mess, with loads of spikes (because of the low voltage (i.e. HIGH currents), 110 VAC vc 240 VAC in europe,
    quite a difference.

Nothing personal against Martin, he looks like a nice chap, but I wish he started with naming his product 'Powersurge suppressor', and second: he shouldn't give this 30% energy-savings anymore. It's simply a overstatement, to say it nicely.

BTW: I hold a masterdegree in electrical engineering, nothing fancy, but at least I know what I'm talking about.

Yours truly
    tulipman

Unregistered
    Yep, it is an old scam that his been going around for along time.
    The idea is that it corrects the power factor of the consumed electricity and lowers the bill because much of the used current is reactive brought about by the induction motors around the house, such as, refrigerator, washing machine, furnace, etc.

While there is some small amount of truth to the story it does not have merit because the manufacturers of these appliance now days do PF correcting in their motor designs; especially some of the energy star appliance which can have capacitive reactance rather than inductive and offset some of the small inductances in the other appliances.

Further, many of the new devices are loaded with diodes and various forms of rectifiers which make for a non-linear waveform for the current and the capacitor on the line may not be good as far as those products are concerned (computers, tv, games, etc.)

Lastly, even if it were so the $700 is a terrible price to pay; if there was a need for a capacitor the cost should be only a few dollars.

PS: There are some energy engineering companies who do an analysis of your power usage, the way your power company bills and meters the load, etc. Than, if you have some high induction motors in the house they design a specific capacitive loading for your house with a load manager that switches the right amount of capacitance online as needed. They are very expensive and work on only some houses with unusual and complex loads. See this page as an example:

KVAR Energy Controller (KEC), power save, lower electric bills, reduce energy bill, save power, power save, save energy, surge protect entire home. Features the revolutionary Kvar unit, capacitors that reduces electric consumption. Use with AC, pool

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    why would they offer a 100% guarantee though if it didn't work? surely if they've been around for a while they'd not survive?

What do you think?
    It is 90 days from ordering the product (not receiving the product),

"If you wish to return your PowerSaver Lite to us within 90-days of placing your order then you will receive a full refund on your order."

So throw 5 days to just get the product made, another 2-4 weeks to receive the product, and then "their" claim of when they got it back, and you have your answer why the guarantee mean much. I wouldn't be surprised if you order one, if your credit card doesn't show "rejected" while your order was actually accepted and the clock ticks.

Yes these powersavers are completely legal.

They are NOT meter hacks which try to fool your meter in any way (that would be highly illegal).

They are legitimate power saving units that don't do a thing for your home or office.

Illegal powersavers often rely on strong magnets and they only work on analog meters.
    As our powersavers don't do a thing, it does not matter what type of electric meter you operate.

Unregistered

More information request contact [email protected]

martin

I would like to find out more about this device. Please contact me
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast