a question for parents, learners and p plate (car) drivers?

allitheaussie

May 14, 2008
I'm a 20 year old L plater, I require my driver's license for my job, the majority of people in my age group are on P plates, many admit to faking their log book entries to get onto their P plates sooner, is this really a wise thing to do? I asked my dad if he could fudge some activities for me sign them off saying I could do them, which I can but not well, he said it's for my own good that he doesn't tick them off I'm proud of him for that, cause as far as I see parents that fake log book entries are irresponsible, it is their responsibilty to teach their children to behave responsibily cause I've found the people I know that faked their log book entries have written off their cars at least once or twice, as for the car restrictions and the longer test time and increasing learner hours does any of it help at all? what are your thoughts?

faking ur log book entries may seem easy and a simple thing to do, but in the long term its not worth it. independance is a big aspect, and is the driving force (no pun intended) behind wanting to drive (for young ppl anyways). however faking ur log books is not only cheating, but also being totally non-indpendant, contraditcting ur very want. also u wont have that crucial practise that is required for a good driver, and so in the long term, crashes and possible fatalities or injury comes at a higher risk of occuring. coming from a place such as australia, this is a big issue for me, as everyday there is a death on our state's (WA) road-mostly by young drivers who have fallen into this very trap. u made (and ur dad made) a good decision.

Back