Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast
    Lena

Anyone ELSE ABSOLUTLEY HATE TWILIGHT?

I don't know who else has heard of it but I swear everywhere single place I go, I keep hearing about this book called "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyers and it is driving me insane!!! I have actually read it and it was terrible. It's directed towards 15 year old girls whose only concern is meeting the perfect guy who will rescue her and basically take care of her and blah, blah, blah ( I’m 14 read the Twilight didn’t bother with the rest of the series), a Prince Charming if you will. It's complete rubbish! The guy is a vampire (yes you heard me) and literally saves the girl like 5 times throughout the book. That is basically the point out of it. I seriously laughed out loud while reading it because it was so predictable and pointless. (Yes I read it. I do not believe in criticizing or praising a book without reading it first) It's 450 pages of a girl somehow getting in trouble and then what's his face comes in the nick of time. And this was an assignment for Honors English, so yes in some sort of way; I was forced to read it.
    I have been to countless boards, stores, internet sites where I hear these young women praise this book as "The best book they have ever read." Isn't that tragic? That's the problem with today's society. Young women should be reading classics, empowering stories or at least something they can get something out of. All this book does is reinforce the notion that women need to be rescued and that there really is a Prince Charming waiting to be found and that once a girl finds him everything will be happily ever after from then on or if not that she’ll have a godlike amazingly handsome, immortal vampire dude that is willing to kill the world for you. I was at school the other day and actually saw two of my classmates including my TEACHER crying, yes crying about how Edward saved Bella at the end of the book and how much he really loves her and how cute it is, I of course in a daze, nearly fell off of my chair at how pathetic they sounded HE’S A FREAKIN BLOODY FICTIONOUS CHARACTER, PEOPLE GET A LIFE. I believe in love and I hope every girl who wants to find some amazing guy does but this book is complete nonsense and to hear a 46 year old English teacher dish about how much they love a "Vampire" just really depresses me.

Love isn't magic. There is no such thing as a fairytale and as much as I love the Little Mermaid to believe that's how it turns out with every girl would be a discredit to my intelligence! I would love to see people praise a classic like The Count of Monte Cristo or Pride and Prejudice, The Kite Runner, and A Thousand Splendid Suns. To enjoy a book of fiction or get lost in it is fine but to have faith in it to believe it's what you want for yourself (like marrying a freaking vampire!!! yes, I heard my teacher say she wants to marry this guy!!!) is just mind boggling. Perhaps I am just venting but why oh why is this book getting so much praise?!?!?!

biteme-twilight<3
    ok. i have some questions 2 ask you before i start fuming.

1.ARE YOU INSANE!?1?!?!?!?!?!
    2.WHAT ON EARTH COULD POSSIBLY BE WRONG WITH THIS SERIES!?!!!??
    3.What is your name, address and phone number, just so that i can track you down ank kill You with my super awesom vampire powers THAT I AQUIRED FROM READING THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!
    4.do you WANT a cult of angry twilight luvers like mysef at your doorstep at night trying to behead you????? you shouldnt voice an absurd oppinion like this on the internet.
    5.(this isnt a question, more of a statment.) you must have not read much good litterature in youre life, because if you cannot appreciate the quality of this art.....YOU ARE MENTALLY UNSOUND!!!!!!!
    6.thank you i think i am done fuming.(*takes a deep breath)
    7.pls email me at [email protected] i would luv 2 argue with you firther.
    byebye, you are insane
    -biteme<3

Irina
    Quote Originally Posted by biteme-twilight<3 View Post

3.What is your name, address and phone number, just so that i can track you down ank kill You with my super awesom vampire powers THAT I AQUIRED FROM READING THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!
    4.do you WANT a cult of angry twilight luvers like mysef at your doorstep at night trying to behead you????? you shouldnt voice an absurd oppinion like this on the internet.
    5.(this isnt a question, more of a statment.) you must have not read much good litterature in youre life, because if you cannot appreciate the quality of this art.....YOU ARE MENTALLY UNSOUND!!!!!!!
    byebye, you are insane
    -biteme<3

No. Seriously. Have YOU read any serious piece of literature? You can't even spell your words correctly. Wth.

UnregisteredEllie

wow, this was posted like 2 years ago and im still going to reply...

um, yeah, hi, you'll probably never read this as this thingy was posted like a bazillion years ago (IE, 2) but well, i have a few things to say.

1. i despise Twilight as well. feeling lost in my seemingly singular view, i went searching for someone who hated it as well, and here we are.
    2. though i despise the book in itself it's not for the reasons you might thing. mainly it's due to my frustrations that this book (series) is so popular while so many other, better, books are never noticed. it's gotten disgustingly popular and all in all its not that great of a book. i do applaud Stephanie Meyer, as she's got to be a rich woman by now, having found her niche in the insane cult of teenaged girls who go rabid over her writings. but at the same time, i wish to kill the woman, because, well, if i'd been her i would have done a few things differently.

really, the first few chapters of Twighlight are intriguing because you have to admit, though vampires themselves are an unoriginal concept, the plot of Twighlight is unique among the leagues of vampire books around. i hate to say it, but i wouldn't have minded the romance so much if it hadn't been so strong. i really enjoyed reading the book when Bella and Edward hated each other. much more entertaining in my opinion.

i did read the other books. number two = poo, complete crap, i hated every bit of it really. number 3 was a little better and i hate to say it, but i'm interested to read number 4 just to see where the hell Meyer is taking this series.

so to the Twilight hater, stay strong, but chill out, its not insulting anyone's intelligence or any woman's ability to stick up for herself, as you yourself pointed out, it's a fictional book. some chicks like to be taken care of and you shouldn't get so offended by it.

to the Twilight lovers, chill out as well. there's nothing worse than a fan girl going insane over a fictional guy. it's rather pathetic actually, so, um, yeah, get a life and keep reading those books, chickies.

Unregistered
    Twilight sucks. End of story. Whoever wants to kill someone over not liking Twilight needs to go to the psycho-therapist and gets some anger management classes. I am all for having your own opinion and if you consider that great literature, good for you.

I'm assuming you are 14 years old and don't know any better.

Unregistered

Twilight is awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    I don't know who else has heard of it but I swear everywhere single place I go, I keep hearing about this book called "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyers and it is driving me insane!!! I have actually read it and it was terrible. It's directed towards 15 year old girls whose only concern is meeting the perfect guy who will rescue her and basically take care of her and blah, blah, blah ( I’m 14 read the Twilight didn’t bother with the rest of the series), a Prince Charming if you will. It's complete rubbish! The guy is a vampire (yes you heard me) and literally saves the girl like 5 times throughout the book. That is basically the point out of it. I seriously laughed out loud while reading it because it was so predictable and pointless. (Yes I read it. I do not believe in criticizing or praising a book without reading it first) It's 450 pages of a girl somehow getting in trouble and then what's his face comes in the nick of time. And this was an assignment for Honors English, so yes in some sort of way; I was forced to read it.
    I have been to countless boards, stores, internet sites where I hear these young women praise this book as "The best book they have ever read." Isn't that tragic? That's the problem with today's society. Young women should be reading classics, empowering stories or at least something they can get something out of. All this book does is reinforce the notion that women need to be rescued and that there really is a Prince Charming waiting to be found and that once a girl finds him everything will be happily ever after from then on or if not that she’ll have a godlike amazingly handsome, immortal vampire dude that is willing to kill the world for you. I was at school the other day and actually saw two of my classmates including my TEACHER crying, yes crying about how Edward saved Bella at the end of the book and how much he really loves her and how cute it is, I of course in a daze, nearly fell off of my chair at how pathetic they sounded HE’S A FREAKIN BLOODY FICTIONOUS CHARACTER, PEOPLE GET A LIFE. I believe in love and I hope every girl who wants to find some amazing guy does but this book is complete nonsense and to hear a 46 year old English teacher dish about how much they love a "Vampire" just really depresses me.
    Love isn't magic. There is no such thing as a fairytale and as much as I love the Little Mermaid to believe that's how it turns out with every girl would be a discredit to my intelligence! I would love to see people praise a classic like The Count of Monte Cristo or Pride and Prejudice, The Kite Runner, and A Thousand Splendid Suns. To enjoy a book of fiction or get lost in it is fine but to have faith in it to believe it's what you want for yourself (like marrying a freaking vampire!!! yes, I heard my teacher say she wants to marry this guy!!!) is just mind boggling. Perhaps I am just venting but why oh why is this book getting so much praise?!?!?!
    I agree completely. I'm a 28 yo English teacher and I think that Twilight is absolutely terrible. Bella is a Mary Sue and plays a damsel in distress all the time. She plays no part in saving herself. She ends up being saved repeatedly by others. Also, considering I moved to a new high school my sophomore year of high school, I know that people don't automatically talk to you and love you if you're new. What was with the instant love that she receives when she arrives in Forks? She has no flaws apart from the fact she's a world class klutz and that makes her pitiable rather than human.

Edward has no flaws either. Perfect people don't make for a perfect story. Perfect people are uninteresting. On top of all that, I think the descriptions used for Edward were highly repetitive.

This book was not worth the paper on which it was printed.

Edward has no f

Unregistered
    I no all my friends started reading it and now i don't hang out with them any more beacause of how much they talk about it .They can go make out with that fanticy book and let everyone else get on with their normal life !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    I can see where some of you are coming from. it took heavy pursuasion from my friends before I even picked up a copy of twilight and even they were always looking over my shoulders as if making sure I was reading it . I don't think twilight is a bad book but I do feel that the great works of literature get ignored to much. I mean I went to my school libary and to get a copy of pride and predjudice and I spent half an hour checking the selves until I went to ask the libarian and she said that we didn't own it . I mean what is the world coming to !!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by biteme-twilight<3 View Post

byebye, you are insane
    -biteme<3
    Dude....

Calm down

So, someone doesn't like it

Deal with the personal opinion

Srsly

>.>

I myself didn't like it either, and found myself murdered by my friends 8D

xD

Unregistered
    Ok, so I tried to read twilight, I really did! All my roommates kept saying how much they love the book and this guy named "Edward Cullen", so I figured I'd give the book a try, even though one of my friends had basically already told me the whole story. I couldn't do it! I got halfway through the book and I wanted to shoot myself in the brain. I've never read a book that has done so well sales wise and popularity wise that was written so terribly. I felt like a 13 girl jotted this story down on the bus on her way to school. There was no creativity, no uniqueness, just a predictable story about not so genuine characters. Bella is,in essence,a damsel in distress the whole time, and edward is full of annoying angst. Oh! and if one more person did something "incredulously" I was gonna shoot someone else in the brain; does she not know any other adjectives?? Somebody get Meyer a thesaurus asap. I'm not saying that this is the worst book in the world, but there's no way it's as good as some make it out to be. So with that said:

Crazy Twilight fanatics over the age of 14: let it go...

Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast