Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

08 Ninja 250r as my first bike?

Im now pretty sure i want it, but im still worried about the freeway like if its okay to go on it, if it can carry like 2 grown people, wat its max speed and mpg is, just alot of the things not on the specs. please recommend or not recommend it

alot of ppl have been saying you get bored of it really easily too, but my budget is like 3000-4000 and im not sure if i can buy like an r6 wiht it

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Ninja 250r will definitely get on the highway just fine, but if you're just starting out, I would worry about learning how to ride first. Take an MSF course and practice around town in the local streets. I would definitely take your time before jumping on the highway. And don't forget to wear the proper gear. SAFETY FIRST!

But to answer your question, the bike will get your about 75 mpg with one person on it. I'm not sure what it max out at, but probably like 80-90 mph depending on how much you weigh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome choice, finally a person that isn't overzealous, wanting a to start on liter bike

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think its a great bike to start out with. please always wear your gear.. i dont have a bike yet but i would never go riding without it.. some people like me need a little more umph, a 250 would be great for cruising which i like to do but it doesn't have the power to accelerate like you want it to, thats why i want to get the ninja 650r.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yea, that model is bigger than the older ones. its a good bike. Avoid the highway for a while. You want to get used to riding first before your attention is elsewhere. heres the stats:

5ft 1 in. length
    30.5 in seat (higher than the older models
    333 lbs. dry (light as hell)
    2 in 1 exaust single canister
    dual seats
    17in wheels (16 for older models)
    -290mm fromt and 220mm rear rotors (makes for good stops)
    37mm Showa (36mm on previous model) front fork and a new Kayaba rear shock with five-way adjustable pre-load make for a stiffer and more precise, crisp ride.
    -26-degree rake angle is 1 degree steeper than the old 250, so the quarter-liter Ninja turns quickly and with seemingly little effort, making it loads of fun through tight twisty canyons.
    -249cc parallel-Twin motor (30% bump in mid range power)
    50 mpg from its 4.8-gallon tank.