Ok so this is a long and complicated question. I have a dwarf gourami who doesn't seem to be eating and hasn't in about a week. I've had it just over two weeks. When I first brought it home, it didn't eat for a few days but I thought it was just adjusting. Then it started eating for a few days and then stopped. I hides almost all day and never comes out. When it does come out, it seems ok. Maybe it's losing a little color but it doesn't seem weak or ill. Also, none of the other fish seem to be picking on it. Could the nitrite levels in my tank be a factor? I have a new 10 gallon tank and when I added fish two weeks ago (3 tetras, 1 gourami, and a swordtail), I added a 30 gallon dose of bio-spira. The package says you can't over dose and you should use the entire contents of the bag. The 30 gallon dose was lowest dosage the pet store had. It worked great at first and within a few days I had nitrites in my tank. They raised up to 5 ppm, which is the highest my kit....

will test for. The nitrites have been at this level for over a week. I also have about 10ppm of nitrates. The levels seem stuck and I don't know what to do? Should I wait it out? I haven't done any water changes or added any water (lost from evaporation) because I didn't want to disrupt the cycle. Am I doing anything wrong? Is my fish ok?