How do i reset the computer in my dodge intrepid?

lilsquishy1328

Jul 22, 2008
I took my car to the emission place after having it fixed and it didn't pass because the computer needsa to be reset...the guy told me to drive it to reset it but the tags are expired so how do i drive it and not get the car impounded?

Any vehicle computer is reset by disconnecting the cables from the computer. Disconnecting the battery will NOT do this.

This is also a cure for a "check engine" light that presents no functional problems.

First you have to locate the computer. In my Toyo pickup, it's under the kick panel on the passenger side; in my daughter in law's car, it's under the bumper near the radiator. It will be in different locations depending on the manufacturer, refer to a manual.

You will recognize the computer when you see it, a generic gray, black, or white box about the size of a hardback book with serial cables coming out of it. Mine has three. The cables have a connector with a tab.

With the car OFF (disconnecting battery is NOT necessary,) squeeze the tab on one of the connectors and wiggle the connector back and forth to pull it out. DO NOT PULL THE WIRES. Remove all cables, wait about 10 seconds for the PRAM to reset, and plug them back in. They can only go in one way, no worries about mixing them up.

All there is to it.

I have no power to the coil pack the coil pake tested ok and i have replace the crank sensor and still no power

Back