I work with a guy that is having a hard time believing that I am gay and in the line of work I am in or have done. he keeps asking me questions about my feelings towards guys and girls. I try to be honest with him but he will never know why I like guys and not girls. and it makes me feel uncomfortable talking about is at work. I do not wont to report the guy to my supervisers becouse I like the guy and do not wont to danage our friendship. I do not know how to make him understand.

I have been a gov. Fire fighter, EMT, a County/State jailer, and a city police officer, right now I am working in hopspital armed security.

he is a retired Marine, also working hopsital security.

so my question is in two parts.
1, What dos my job have to do with my sexuality?
and
2, how to tel him how I feel with out hurting his feelings?
to Neil M; when I was a county/state jailer I was still in the clothet. I had not even gone out on a date with a guy yet. I did that a few years later after I left the jail.
to ~S!MPLY F@BULOUS~;

the first time I met this guy, I was traning him to cover a another hospital that we are assoseated with.

from our first talk, some one already told him about me and asked that he spy on me becouse he did not like working with anyone that is gay. I do not know who that person is but all I know is that he is not working with us anymore, but I still feel the tention,

I just had a work evaluation done and from my supervisers, I get a above advrage rating, and a small pay rase too.