Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

'modern living hs made the ppl of india weak'.i'm speakin against the motion..?

ppl out ther...help me as soon as possible.....the above topic is very difficult to debate on....i need points from u...it would be of sum help to me guys......pls.help me.debate on this saturday

i want points only fr against the motionnnnnn........

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well you figure, in the last 50 years India has gone from being one of the poorest countries in the world, to an upper middle income country. India has become poised to be a major economic player on the world stage. The Indian auto manufacturer, Tata, has recently bought Landrover and Jaguar, and has developed a $2,000 car for it's people.

The standard of living for a great majority of Indians has improved markedly as globalization continues to bring jobs into India. Also, keep in mind that because of modern technology people can remain better informed ,and India still remains the world's largest democracy.

Unregistered
    For many, many years a great majority of the people of India have been living in abject poverty, this of course has created the most terrible conditions for the poulation, sickness, disease and starvation in some parts of this country seems to be the norm. The Indian people must learn to keep their populatoion growth under control, if this does not happen there is no solution.
    This is strictly my own opinion and no offense meant to anyone

Unregistered

Earth help meeeeeeeeeeee

even i am speaking against the motion
    did u say the debate or is it coming up

help me out toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Krushna Bhala

Pencil yes

Yes...Modern living has made people of India weak, unhealthy and disease prone...Modern living means adopting the western culture, smoking, drinking, eating pizzas and burgers, etc.Also working at night times in a BPO or a Call Centre is now a days modern living.....But this makes u obese and also mentally sick as scientifically it is proved that brain automatically relaxes...So the people working in the companies become mentally ill and sick......Now don't we see teens and adults smoking in shops, in parties, on roads....It is because of maybe stress or even peer pressure......But smoking reduces 13.9% of the life.....Isn't this unhealthy?Smoking also causes many types of cancers such as lung cancer and stomach cancer....Don't we see obese people around us?Actually the number of obese people has increased....It is because most of them eat junk food regularly and some of them twice or thrice a week............

People have all got influenced by the western styles and now are getting lazier ....people doing night duties dont get proper sleep and hence leading to sleep disorders .....also the busy life of people has made them jump to a easier way of living ...ie eating the junk or packed food which is full of preservatives nowadays a walk in the garden has come to a run on the treadmill...You want to go bicycling..........well go to the gym and thats the way it goes ...exercise is not only for burning fats and carbohydrates but for getting in touch with the fresh morning air which keeps u active the whole day,,,,,,,,, it is affecting ,all the people are trying to turn their simple life into sophisticated living.Of course the modern living is directly affecting the people.Now, due to easy availability of many consumer items in the market attracts each and every consumer and they try to procure the item either by spending their saving or taking loan from the banks etc. Both ways the money circulation in the market increases resulting in rise in inflation and related hardships.

Unregistered

shivangi jalutharia

well....i go completely against the motion.....
    ppl modern living does not mean WESTERN living.....ppl have misunderstood this.
    it is due to modernization that today so many diseases can be cured. you have so many luxuries. now even a disabled person can live life at ease.

Unregistered
    On one hand, modern technology has enabled people to live in cleaner, less disease-ridden environments, freed up time for many people; enabling children to spend their time learning, and relieving the pressure on families to be financially responsible for their sick and disabled. It has made a standard education available to all, and through the welfare state eliminated a great deal of extreme poverty, and brought advanced healthcare to save and prolong millions of lives.

However, the question there is, how much of this is really as good as it looks?
    In general, our society has developed to favour protection over proficiency or practicality, and wants over needs. Diseases wiped out by modern living and technology have been replaced in prevalence by those often caused and contributed to by it. In a practical sense, people are no more disease prone, because modern technology and living standards protect them from it, though less well-trained immune systems may well mean that in actual terms, people are more disease-prone, and therefore weaker. Our value systems often mean people are self-conscious and psychologically vulnerable.

So I can quite clearly come down on the side of Yes; Modern Living has made the people weak, unhealthy and disease-prone. So what can/do we do about it? Should we all go back to living without modern society? This isn’t of course
    , entirely feasible; the earth is massively overpopulated and the society, (and therefore the lifestyle) we have today, is a reaction to solve this overpopulation problem; a society which has developed to function living as we do today. There are clear advantages to modern living, and clear disadvantages. We need to question how we can evaluate the positives and negatives whilst being open enough to restructure not only our lifestyle and policies, but even our morals, objectives, and values, to emphasise and capitalise on the positives whilst eliminating as many of the negatives as possible. After all, what are we kidding ourselves that we as a race are trying to achieve, if not the best possible for ourselves?

Unregistered
    Help me. Iam Stuck With this topic........ can any 1 get me sum points 4 this topic,,,, terrible topic yar,,,,, pls help me out here

aishwarya tiwary
    no..............idea

yes really modern living has made the people of india weak,unhealthy and disease prone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast