what predatory fish would get along with my Bichir eel?

cooljack223

Jul 22, 2008
OK, so today I am buying a 30 gallon tank. I have a 10 gallon tank with 12 fish in it, including a small Bichil eel. So today I am moving everything, including the fish from the old tank, to the new tank. Then I will put sand, some sunken ship/pirate ornaments, and some plants in the 10 gallon one. After the 10 gallon one sits for 2 weeks I will put my Bichil eel in. What other predatory fish would get along with him? I am REALLY considering a barracuda, but I want to know.

I'd stick with a more mild mannered predatory fish. Not piranha or anything. Things like Oscars, Firemouths, Convicts, Salvinis, Festivums, Pike Cichlids, Green Terrors, Jack Dempseys, Texas Cichlids, Parrot Cichlids, etc...

Stay away from things like Piranha, Red Devils, Red Terrors, FlowerHorns, etc. They may be a bit too predatory/ornary and kill the birchir. The other cichlids you will have to monitor, but you should be fine.

Birchirs will get 14". You will need far more than a 30 gallon tank to house fish of that size. You'll need a minimum of a 75gallon tank.

Back