How do i determine if the base and treble are set correctly on a stereo?

Lyrakleez

Jul 22, 2008
I want to set the base and my treble for balanced sound that is not treble heavy. I listen to everything from old rock and roll to new hip-hop so it has to cover the wide range of music i play.

I am having a hard time because sometimes i think it sounds fine, but when i play certain music the treble ends up being too hie and the voices become scratchy

is there any audio i can use to help me set my settings?

you're probably having troubles with MP3s, right? There's no telling how each MP3 you litsen to was recorded, etc. Set your tone adjustments using a real CD that you know very well. Adjust it so your car stereo sounds as closely to your home stereo or other high quality system as possible. That's about as good as you're going to get.

your ears.
what if you don't want the treble up to high. or you want more bass. only you can adjust it. i like my treble lower than my bass.

Ideally, a system is designed so that the EQ settings don't need to be changed. Certain things like Loudness Curves can cause change the way your ears perceive different styles.

At most, the treble and bass should only be a few clicks from center, anything more and your most likely forcing the system beyond it's bounds.

Back