Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member skizzyp_skippynutz's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

While in 4 wheel drive, something popped, truck only goes into 1st and 2nd...

...gear, possible transmission, or? I was gettin my buddies car unstuck by hooking my truck up to his car, and towing him out, well I had no tow hookups on my blazer in the back, so I hooked it up from the front, then proceeded in 4 wheel to pull him out, well something popped out, and I put it in park, and I heard a weezing noise. Then the 4 wheel drive was out, next I put it in 2 wheel, and It worked. We started to smell antifreeze, when we had the air conditioner on defrost. Next day, was driving, suddenly it won't shift into 3rd and 4th gear. I get home, and antifreeze is leaking out somewhere. Chevy S-10 blazer 4.3L V6. About 130.000 miles on it.

its a 91, and I hooked my truck up w/ the tow hooks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What part of the front end did you hook your cable up to? hopefully not around one of the front axles. did anything break off or did the cable come flying out? if so you may have damaged your radiator with the cable. also its possible you damaged your transfercase/transmission.

what year is it anyways?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What part of the front end did you hook your cable up to? hopefully not around one of the front axles. did anything break off or did the cable come flying out? if so you may have damaged your radiator with the cable. also its possible you damaged your transfercase/transmission.

what year is it anyways?