Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

My 91 Chevy Lumina needs help!?

We took it to a shop and paid 90$ for them to plug it into the diagnostic computer. The only alert that came up was the O2 sensor. However, that wouldn't cause the problems it's having which are: Shuddering and backfiring when I accelerate, even without a load; dying frequently when i try to start it, back out, or drive at all (wasn't doing this until we got the oil changed. barely made it out of the shop's parking lot.); oil light sometimes comes on when I slow down to 20mpg or lower; Check engine light occasionally comes on.

HELP!!!!?!??!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    judging by the symtoms i would say that you may need to replace the catalytic convertor but if it was my car i would start with a tune up and go from there

Sounds like the catalytic convertor is plugging up. the engine cannot get the exhaust out and it basically smothers it self. try taking the O2 sensor out and taking a short drive, see if the drivabilty problem gets better. If it does, you have your answer. A good tune-up would help tool.