Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it more cost effective to build or buy a hot rod? Seems like it be cheaper and

faster to buy one done.? Paid k for an old chevy truck. Want to put in crate engine, 700r4 tranny, needs new interior, dash gauges, bed, some body work and paint. When I add this all up, I'd be spending k plus for restoration. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy one done and have fun now? (Keywords classic, muscle, restoration)

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're asking two different question...however all these guys are right. Go for building one yourself. A hot rod isn't something you put a price tag on. It's a project and you get it the way you want it. It's going to have you're name on it. But if you want something to run at the strip quick then go for sale. Good Luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I built a base 68 camaro from subframe up with a crate BB. I will never do it again. I sunk hundreds of hours, frayed nerves and knuckles, (not to mention 37K). I could have bought a finished SS or RS, (convertable) and not had to mess with the hassle. If your into buildng one and have the time go, for it. Best bet is to find someones almost completed project. Take it from me...there are plenty out there. You will never get your money out of a project.