Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member jadejadeforeternity's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chrysler sold a car in my moms name?

Hi. I was wondering what to do. Chrysler sold a car in my mothers name and used her identity, but won't admit to wrong doing. Now they want my mother to pay a car note every month for a car she didn't buy. She started a police report and now is trying to dispute the info on her credit report. Do we have grounds to sue Chrysler for fraud. It is obvious that the sales man sold it to a person that wasn't my mom to make a sale. Now my mom is driving an old car while some person is driving a new car on her dime.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You wouldnt sue chrysler or the dealership.You would go after the person who stole your mom's identity!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is identity theft. An all too common occurrence. She needs to contact the police, everyone she does business with as well as the major credit reporting agencies to start the long process of clearing her credit up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Something does not sound right about this story. To have a loan, your mother had to sign the papers.....in front of the salesman. It sounds like your mother's identity was stolen and that person bought a car form that Chrysler dealership.

Have your mother visit the dealership and talk face to face with the salesman and his manager. It should be obvious within a few seconds if your mother is the same person they sold the car to. Once it is confirmed that they sold it to a person who was not your mother, now the dealer can assist in getting the car back. They should be able to call Chrysler financial and at least get a hold on the payments until this gets settled. it may take a while but the first thing your mother has to do is establish that it was not her they sold the car.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chrysler wouldn't be the one to go after. If someone stole her identity they'll be able to buy a car under her name. Chrysler only has to follow the rules, if everything looked good, they can sell it. You have to go to the police and find the people that stole her identity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sue them if you have enough evidence