Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will Affliction give UFC trouble?

I think that Affliction is going to really push UFC. I think now we will see how good Dana White really is. I know there are a lot of Dana White fans out there and people even think the UFC is where it is because of him. I disagree and think a monkey could have sold the UFC on Spike. For crying out loud, is anyone surprised in MMA popularity with the state of boxing the way it is? He had a great product to sell and it made him look like a genius but I think he is going to be uncovered as a knucklehead that he is. It is harder to stay on top then get there and I think he will fail miserably. The fighters make MMA not Dana White. I asked the question a while back if anyone thought that the UFC could be in trouble if another motivated affiliation challenged the them and it was resounding that nobody agreed with me. Now what do people think? Is Affliction for real? Does the UFC need someone besides Dana White at the helm? I think they are in trouble.....give me your thoughts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well first off, the PPV buys aren't even all in on the Affliction show, for all we know it could have been a PPV failure.

Second, they put down a hefty sum of money to put on the show they did, while that is awesome to enter into the game, it is hard to keep that sort of thing up, I promise you that they lost money or barely broke even on that show. It will be hard for them to continue putting on expensive shows like that, even with some strong backing, until they really build up a solid fan base, which means they will have to put on several more expensive shows before they start really turning a good profit. Even selling those damn T Shirts at 60 bucks a pop won't necessarily recoup the losses.

(Btw, by banning affliction T shirts from UFC events, expect T shirt sales to go down as well).

I don't think Affliction will give the UFC too much trouble, but I foresee some great fights coming from them before they drop off into obscurity or bankruptcy.

\

Downloads
    Uploads
    not at first no. But if Affliction and WAMMA can pull in other orgs. such as Cage Rage, Dream, Elite EX. They will in deed. Affliction has retained the top heavyweights in the world. They need to fill the lesser weight classes. how do you do that, well pull in other organizations not just the fighters. If wamma can do this and create a true World Alliance of MMA then money will pour in and fighters from UFC and WEC will start to trickle away. Do I think this will happen I give it about a 30%-45%.

Downloads
    Uploads
    not at first no. But if Affliction and WAMMA can pull in other orgs. such as Cage Rage, Dream, Elite EX. They will in deed. Affliction has retained the top heavyweights in the world. They need to fill the lesser weight classes. how do you do that, well pull in other organizations not just the fighters. If wamma can do this and create a true World Alliance of MMA then money will pour in and fighters from UFC and WEC will start to trickle away. Do I think this will happen I give it about a 30%-45%.