Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to Perfectly Transfer Sony Ericsson K800i contacts to Nokia N82?

There are many articles and software which claim to be able to transfer the contacts from my sony ericsson k800i to my nokia n82.

But the annoying similarity is that they introduce a first name and last name problem. Has anyone got around this, or knows how?

The sony k800i doesn't recognise first namd and last name, it is just "name". So if I store a contact called Peter Jones, that is all one name, so I can search it by beginning with letter P.

When I transfer this to the Nokia, the Nokia automatically identifies a space between the names "Peter" and "Jones" and decides to store it as First Name: Peter, Last Name: Jones.

This is really really really annoying as searching the contacts on the nokia is stupid. Is there a way to transfer the contacts and make the nokia accept "Peter Jones" as the first name.?

I have a feeling this is going to produce short answers, but I am hoping

Thanks

Unregistered
    If anyone is still looking for the solution how to get contacts form Sony Ericsson to Nokia. I wrote a small program in .NET to split SE VCF file in separate ones which can be loaded into Nokia phone using Nokia PC Suite.

I call it SuppCom VCARD Splitter 2009 and you can find it here:

:: suppcom :: support comunication :: kontakt

Hope it helps someone.

Dan

cheema

Mobilephone1 SE to nokia contacts transfer

i used tht splitter program dude but when i transfer contacts to nokia ..some contacts do no transfer completely .either half the name is missing or the number under it.....am so pissed off.plz help

unreg
    how can copy the contacts from sonyericson to my pc?

Unregistered

Mail Unable to transfer contacts from Sony w810i to Nokia X press music edition

Hi this is eddy from Chennai . I am using SE w810i . I want to transfer all my contacts from SE to Nokia x press music edition . If i select an option send all contacts via blue tooth in SE only 6 contacts i able to receive , rest of the contacts are i unable to receive , what ll be reason ? I transfer all my contacts to my PC via blue-tooth from SE , then i started to transfer from PC blue tooth to my nokia x press same problem i found only 6 contacts i able to transfer , is there any other solution to transfer my all 833 contacts from via SE w810i to Nokia x press edition ... ? help me in this and if know knows , let me know , mail me your suggestions to [email protected]

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajen R View Post
    There are many articles and software which claim to be able to transfer the contacts from my sony ericsson k800i to my nokia n82.

But the annoying similarity is that they introduce a first name and last name problem. Has anyone got around this, or knows how?

The sony k800i doesn't recognise first namd and last name, it is just "name". So if I store a contact called Peter Jones, that is all one name, so I can search it by beginning with letter P.

When I transfer this to the Nokia, the Nokia automatically identifies a space between the names "Peter" and "Jones" and decides to store it as First Name: Peter, Last Name: Jones.

This is really really really annoying as searching the contacts on the nokia is stupid. Is there a way to transfer the contacts and make the nokia accept "Peter Jones" as the first name.?

I have a feeling this is going to produce short answers, but I am hoping

Thanks
    When you search in Nokia, whether you put the first name or last name, it will give you all the options that have the same words / letters. You shouldnt be annoyed with Nokia. Its erricson that is actually stupid because it doesn't separate the first name and the last name.

Unregistered

prabu

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi this is eddy from Chennai . I am using SE w810i . I want to transfer all my contacts from SE to Nokia x press music edition . If i select an option send all contacts via blue tooth in SE only 6 contacts i able to receive , rest of the contacts are i unable to receive , what ll be reason ? I transfer all my contacts to my PC via blue-tooth from SE , then i started to transfer from PC blue tooth to my nokia x press same problem i found only 6 contacts i able to transfer , is there any other solution to transfer my all 833 contacts from via SE w810i to Nokia x press edition ... ? help me in this and if know knows , let me know , mail me your suggestions to [email protected]
    hi, have you got any reply or solution to your problem as i facee the same..

Unregistered
    Thanks a lot for the SuppCom VCARD Splitter 2009

It really did work for me

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If anyone is still looking for the solution how to get contacts form Sony Ericsson to Nokia. I wrote a small program in .NET to split SE VCF file in separate ones which can be loaded into Nokia phone using Nokia PC Suite.

I call it SuppCom VCARD Splitter 2009 and you can find it here:

:: suppcom :: support comunication :: kontakt

Hope it helps someone.

Dan
    Thanks buddy
    You really saved me from sending contacts one by one which I did once but lost all of them tonight accidentally!!!

Thanks again

Unregistered
    Thanks buddy...Helped a lot !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast