Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Time Warner quarantine because of downloading movies from EMule?

I have been quarantine because downloading movies from Emule (or sharing). Anybody has experience with this issue, any tips or advices, or now how. Thx in advance.

Unregistered
    my freind just had it last saturday

Unregistered
    yes.. i got quarintined myself yesterday morning. and i was sent an email stating that due to downloading of movies, the 'motion picture production company' has informed time warner of the situation. and that i should check my system for viruses, and that i should call 1877 588 8508, and leave a voicemail and they would return my call. they did, after 9 hours.. and they told me that my computer had downloaded a movie "monsters in the attic" and it was illegal activity. and to take action in deleting. i told them i was unaware as we have serveral user accounts. he then asked me if i had a router, and if it was protected.. as if narrowing down the search of culprits.. i told him i would check my computer; then i stated what else needs to be done to reinstate reactivate my modem, they stated nothing.. that they needed to inform me over the phone and make sure that i took action. i said ok.. but then i said, f..k you!! a...holes. im switching to AT&T. im currently switching

Unregistered
    had this happen to me. I fixed it by getting an old cable modem i had (with a different mac address). Call them up give them the new one's MAC, and everything is fine. Stupid idiots cant even figure that out. Next I just call a different time, and said my modem was not working (some how the Ethernet pins in the back broke off) and they gave me a new one. Then i replace the old one i had lying around with the TWC modem. Called again and changed my MAC address (again) to the new one. IDIOTS.

What i have learned in the 14+ calls i have made, is that TWC has another company running this little hack into your privacy, and that company doesn't communicate well with TWC.

Let it be know that i had called the company TWC gave me 1877-588-8509, and they never responded, mean while TWC kept billing me for something i wasn't getting.

HOPE this helps someone.

Unregistered
    I was recently quarantined twice for what I suspect was eMule use. They claimed I had some kind of virus and were even able to narrow down the time the virus was "active". Of course it's all bs because I don't have any viruses (I checked thoroughly the first time I was quarantined).

After some checking around I found suggestions for a work-around: change the ports eMule is using to something close to the ports used by FTP, mail, and messenger programs. Apparently that worked for some.

I personally haven't tried this yet, though. Any thoughts?