Time Warner quarantine because of downloading movies from EMule?

ilievini

Jun 5, 2008
I have been quarantine because downloading movies from Emule (or sharing). Anybody has experience with this issue, any tips or advices, or now how. Thx in advance.

yes.. i got quarintined myself yesterday morning. and i was sent an email stating that due to downloading of movies, the 'motion picture production company' has informed time warner of the situation. and that i should check my system for viruses, and that i should call 1877 588 8508, and leave a voicemail and they would return my call. they did, after 9 hours.. and they told me that my computer had downloaded a movie "monsters in the attic" and it was illegal activity. and to take action in deleting. i told them i was unaware as we have serveral user accounts. he then asked me if i had a router, and if it was protected.. as if narrowing down the search of culprits.. i told him i would check my computer; then i stated what else needs to be done to reinstate reactivate my modem, they stated nothing.. that they needed to inform me over the phone and make sure that i took action. i said ok.. but then i said, f..k you!! a...holes. im switching to AT&T. im currently switching

had this happen to me. I fixed it by getting an old cable modem i had (with a different mac address). Call them up give them the new one's MAC, and everything is fine. Stupid idiots cant even figure that out. Next I just call a different time, and said my modem was not working (some how the Ethernet pins in the back broke off) and they gave me a new one. Then i replace the old one i had lying around with the TWC modem. Called again and changed my MAC address (again) to the new one. IDIOTS.

What i have learned in the 14+ calls i have made, is that TWC has another company running this little hack into your privacy, and that company doesn't communicate well with TWC.

Let it be know that i had called the company TWC gave me 1877-588-8509, and they never responded, mean while TWC kept billing me for something i wasn't getting.

HOPE this helps someone.

I was recently quarantined twice for what I suspect was eMule use. They claimed I had some kind of virus and were even able to narrow down the time the virus was "active". Of course it's all bs because I don't have any viruses (I checked thoroughly the first time I was quarantined).

After some checking around I found suggestions for a work-around: change the ports eMule is using to something close to the ports used by FTP, mail, and messenger programs. Apparently that worked for some.

I personally haven't tried this yet, though. Any thoughts?

Back