converting divx to avi or mp4 .. etc?

alva2211

Jul 18, 2008
i got some movies/episodes off of the internet and their all in divx and i need them in avi, mp4, you know the rest i beleive but all the converters ive found have like a 5 minute time limit on them so what i guess im asking is, does anyone know of a converter program that doesnt do this .. or knows how to change it w/o the converter?

thanks,

Virtual dub does a great job and gives you a lot of control as far as size, filters, resolution, etc. and best of all it is free. I've been using the program for over two years now. Good luck.

comment for person above: virtualdub isnt very easy to use and can be really hard for beginners. when i first used it i didnt know what the hell to do.

There's one little trick that I do to convert my videos from avi.
You need a PC (this wont work on a mac) and Windows XP and Windows Movie Maker. It takes a little bit long for files that are more than an hour long, but it's worth it as you get it in the highest quality, or the quality you specify.

You should have the divx codec installed on your computer. Open windows movie maker and import the video files. Now, drag the video onto the storyboard or timeline. If you want to edit the video, you can edit it now.

When you have finished doing what you want with the video, then click on file at the top bar. Then, click on save movie as. Enter the title then click next. Enter in all the information when prompted and click next.

Then, you can select the quality of the movie. If you downloaded the movie of the internet, it is probably a rip, so on the drop down menu select either 512kbps, 768kbps or 1.0mbps. Then press next.

Now, just wait for your movie to be composed. This usually takes from half an hour to two hours using an average power computer.

I hope that helps!

----
manager
upfront tech support forum
www.upfront.co.nr
www.upfront.ismyht.com

Back