Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good Yearbook Themes?

Okay, so I'm going to be editor of the yearbook next year, and I'm starting to think of themes. Last year, we did a Time theme, and that was really easy to incorporate with each page. So I'm looking for new themes. I don't really like the movie cinema type of themes, because it just seems kind of cheesey to me.

Also, we work with Jostens, so there's both pre designed layouts, and tools to make our own layouts. Last year, we did our own layouts, and it looked pretty good. But then I compared it to another school's yearbook, and they had pre designed layouts so that each page coordinated perfectly with each other. It looked a lot more "complete" and flowed better, I guess, than our yearbook, but I can tell that our staff probably worked at lot harder. It's a lot harder (although more creative) to design your own pages than to use pre made professionally designed ones. Which do you think is better-- pre designed, or make your own?

Unregistered
    lick on my scrotum

Unregistered
    Hi. Sorry that the only response on this page is so stupid. So I don't know if this will be any help now, but I'm on my school's yearbook team and from my experience using the templates is so much better! They look really good, better than the ones everyone makes on their own and it is easier and a lot less stress for us. As for themes, our school is doing hollywood and it's pretty cool. Two years ago we did "road trip" which also worked well.

Unregistered
    buhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Unregistered
    Hey I'm the Editor of my school's yearbook this year and some great theme ideas we came up with were
    - Technology (facebook, blackberry, YouTube)
    - Board Games (snakes and ladders, scrabble, sorry)
    - Green Revolution (with all the green-movements going on, green is a great theme)
    - Famous Companies (McDonalds, RIM, FOX, Air Miles, Royal Bank : this one is easily applied to all areas of the school)

Unregistered
    Hi, I am also the editor for my schools yearbook. We use Jostens as well. For your question about whether or not to use templates, use templates. I made it mandatory that all my staff use templates. It made the result much better looking. As for the theme goes... My school used the theme "student life" and the motto "pass it on" last year. That theme can go far, if you take the time to make it look good. I'd like to quickly note something on someone else's post, you are not aloud to use copyrighted and trademarked names, such as RIM or McDonalds. That goes for boardgames too. I like that last persons suggestion on "Green Revolution". You could always do your schools color too, like "Blue Revolution". Something along those lines. Good luck.

Unregistered

hoods and

i am on the yearbook staff. next yer i am going to be a senior editor and so i am helping to look for a theme next year. :} so far i have seen some good ideas on the internet one of them was a
    CSI one ( Cool Student Information) i thought that was really cool. it was used so u can think of something along that line

Unregistered
    the person who said CSI is a god damn fool!

Unregistered

Star Blue Gay

those are all good ideas

Unregistered
    Ummm...Im going to be editor of my yearbook next year too and were trying to think of themes too...we were thinking of doing something like Off the Wall but were having trouble with lableing each section...this year our theme was "It All Depends" then our sections were like it all depends on who you know(ads), on what you do(clubs and orgs), on how bad you want it(sports) on how you precieve(academics) etc...also we we work with Taylor publishing but we were considering using set templates...we currently design our own spreads using InDesign and we discussed that having each page look exactly alike didnt really express us and sometimes it can be difficult depending on your story or pictures and templates are too restricting nor are they really creative...not to totally down those using templates but we prefer designing our own spreads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast