Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unregistered
    I am the teacher advisor for our school's yearbook. We worked with Jostens in the past. In answer to your question, about templates, USE THEM!! Most people don't have the experience or knowledge about design to make their own templates. If you want to be a bit creative, I know with Jostens, you can play with the templates to make them your own, but for the most part, you should stick with them. You'll just end up spending more time on pages if you try to create your own templates from scratch & as you probably know, putting together a good yearbook takes a lot of time. As for the theme, everyone here has such great ideas! But really, the theme should reflect your school and maybe you should be talking to other students at your school for ideas.

Unregistered
    i am on staff and just became editor of my school's yearbook. and last year our theme was: define us; we are! for the ppl pages our division said: WE ARE UNITED. and to tie in each pages our page numbers were thumbprints. aand our titles and subtitles were definitions

Unregistered
    my school tends to make our own, or we take a pre made layout and then adjust it, just so it seems more personal

Unregistered

Joypad gamerrr

Unregistered
    dicks everywhere

Lick my Bum
    I think a good idea would be that you should have one htat has jokes all over it. Like use this one. Wanna hear a dirty joke? A horse rolled in mud. BAHHAHAHAHAH. It's funny because the horse is getting dirty and it's called a dirty joke

opinion
    My school uses Jostons, we designed our own pages and it turned out great. The thing that tied our book all together was that the editors put colour and shape restrictions. By limiting things it harmonized our book (ie all the corners of boxes were rounded we used 4 colours and the font was the same size for titles and copy)

Unregistered
    we did technology last year worked well ia m also looking for a theme for this year

Unregistered aka Lynn
    This helped me a lot. Just sayin

Unregistered
    I will be our yearbook editor next year also and this year we used the theme "Perspective" and how when you look at something there is more than one way to understand it. We also designed all of our pages/sections but we are a small school so we have the time to do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12