Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 2 year old screams when i put him on the potty, what should i do?

my son has showed me that hes ready to potty train he takes his diaper off to poo and takes him diaper off as soon as he pees.. he looks at me and says oh no if he pees in his big boy underware. but he screams if i put him on the potty. i have even tried differant pottys and sitting with him but ive gotten nowhere

Downloads
    Uploads
    We went through this--so frustrating. I finally just gave up, and left the potty in the living room, and all of a sudden she just started using it one day. About two weeks later. I bought her some stickers before that, and let her decorate the potty, and had her baby doll pretend to use the potty. Then did the whole cheering thing after. So I don't know if that is what did it, or she just wanted to use it on her own terms. All the potty training books give advice on "signs a kid is ready" but they never say what happens when they won;t sit on the potty. Patience is all you can do. You don't want to force him, or he'll really hate the potty. Just be prepared to clean some messes, and when he is ready he'll come around. Best of luck