Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

what p2p software can I use that will not give me a virus in 5 minutes?

frostwire gave me two virus in 5 min and want to know what will work the best

Downloads
    Uploads
    all have a chance, thats because you are downloading stuff from other random people

I use utorrent, and the client itself is reliable, but i always make sure that my AV software is up to date, and get torrents that have plenty of good comments.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Lime wire. They have clients for practically every OS, including MAc OS X and Linux. Most people think its ONLY for music, but it is a standard Bit-Torrent client as well. I recommend this, because it is also optimized for music downloads, which are probably the most percentage or p2p downloads... I hope this helps!

Junior Member inconclusive_conjunction's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you downloaded two viruses in five minutes. Don't be an idiot, and I guarantee you won't get any viruses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend once told me, that he was infected several times within 10 minutes downloading with limewire.
    I was surprised, because I was using limewire myself since years and was never infected. I found out, that my friend download any file he saw, not realizing that p2p programs have a lot of fake files. You can never be 100% sure what are fake files or not, but when you use your onw common sense, you should know, that a music file of 3 minutes is at least a couple of thousand kbs. So files from 0 till approx 1500kb can't be songs or movies. So the chance that it are fake files is great and therefore never to be downloaed.
    When you download files higher than 2500kbs you will minimize the risk getting infected to a minimum.
    When a virus slips through do a scan with your anti virus in safe mode. More accurate

http://www.limewire.com/download/
    Download the basic and not the pro