Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

computer won't recognize Motorola W755?

I plugged in my phone to the computer using a usb cable that fit, and the computer sees it in Device Manager under 'Other Devices' with the yellow question mark. I clicked on it and it said the device is not configured correctly (code 1). so i tried reinstalling the driver with the hardware update wizard and it searches and searches but it fails. Help??

Unregistered

Same issue

I have the same issue. W755, two weeks old. XP Media Center w/SP3. Motorola driver version 3.5 from Motorola, installs fine, says drivers are good. Plug in phone, says found new hardware (motorola W755), then get balloon pop that says A problem occurred during installation, your device may not work properly.... Tried older version, 3.2 I think, same exact problem. On a different laptop with XP Pro & SP3, drivers load fine. Problem is, on PC that it won't work, we want to use Outlook calendar and sync to phone. Googled and Googled, can't find anyone with same issue. Probably some kind of software conflict, but what could it be? USB ports work dandy with everything else that gets plugged in to them. I'm an IT guy, and have been scratching my head on this one for a week. Tried every possible uninstall/reinstall/install order, etc.

Unregistered
    Same issue with the phone. Any help would be appreciated!

Unregistered

Given up

Here's what you do: Backup you data; re-install your operating system. Enjoy! worked for me, but worst possible solution.

Unregistered
    hey quick question. what's the software needed to sync the phone? I don't have the software and I hate calling any corperate office. so can somebody tell me? Thanx!

Unregistered

Software needed

You'll need to purchase and download the Motorola Phone Tools from their online store.

Unregistered
    Get PST Phone Programmer and P2K Commander
    Also download the software update that can be found easily on google or hacktherazr
    There are tons of guides, so search before you just ask questions.

Unregistered

more like geting the divice

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hey quick question. what's the software needed to sync the phone? I don't have the software and I hate calling any corperate office. so can somebody tell me? Thanx!
    solution: well my provider for my w755 phone is verizon wireless, but i dont think that matters. what u need is a new aplication or media play installed. dont worry its free. (note: for complet information, a clip, of how to download the software is:
    Verizon Wireless: V CAST Music with Rhapsody®

a dude,
    your welcome

Unregistered

solution

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have the same issue. W755, two weeks old. XP Media Center w/SP3. Motorola driver version 3.5 from Motorola, installs fine, says drivers are good. Plug in phone, says found new hardware (motorola W755), then get balloon pop that says A problem occurred during installation, your device may not work properly.... Tried older version, 3.2 I think, same exact problem. On a different laptop with XP Pro & SP3, drivers load fine. Problem is, on PC that it won't work, we want to use Outlook calendar and sync to phone. Googled and Googled, can't find anyone with same issue. Probably some kind of software conflict, but what could it be? USB ports work dandy with everything else that gets plugged in to them. I'm an IT guy, and have been scratching my head on this one for a week. Tried every possible uninstall/reinstall/install order, etc.
    solution: well my provider for my w755 phone is verizon wireless, but i dont think that matters. what u need is a new aplication or media play installed. dont worry its free. (note: for complet information, a clip, of how to download the software is:
    Verizon Wireless: V CAST Music with Rhapsody®

a dude,
    your welcome

Unregistered

solution

I have a solution i think will work for u. i found it after a few days of googling. on the outside of your phone press a side button and then hold the play button. this should open up music.(you can also go to media center and find it there) press the sync button ( top dot button to the top right of your phone) the end =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast