Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sprint turned me over to a collections agency. What should I do?

Sprint turned me to a collections agency. I only owe like 400 dollars, but I don't want to call the agency until I have some money because I hear if you can pay at that second you call, they sometimes cut the cost in half or more? I don't want to call yet because I have NO MONEY at all. I JUST got a job & I have other more important bills to pay. Do I have a certain amount of time to call them & make arrangements or what? Someone clue me in on some info, PLEASE!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL @ "I only owe $400"...doesn't matter if it's $1 man...you owe it. What you heard is just that hearsay...don't worry about it....you can contact them and make payment arrangements...of course 90% of the time their gonna say 'no' like it's the end of the world simply because they want their money. Pay what you can...if their jerks about it..send them a money order for whatever you can afford (keep a copy) and see if they don't take it...if they do...that's an automatic agreement. Also try and bargain for a 'pay for delete'...make sure you get that in writing.
    Going forward don't let your accounts go into collections in the first place.

Unregistered
    They did the same to me a year ago because I refused to pay off the contract. I left them because they claimed to have coverage in the rulal area I was living in at the time. They did not. Now, the account shows up in collections after having not heard a word in a year. Now I also understand they lost as lawsuit for doing exactly what has happened to me.. What to do?