Dear Lifehacker,
As a Mac user who Gets Things Done™, I use kGTD quite happily right now. With some encouragement from me, my mother is hopping the GTD train. She uses my old Powerbook as her home computer and is forced to use Windows at work. Do you know of some good cross-platform GTD solutions?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Cross-Platform GTD

Dear Cross-Platform,
While Getting Things Done doesn't enjoy the popularity it did 2 years ago, it's still a killer system for getting all your stuff in order. Congrats to your Mom for taking it on. As a GTD newbie working on both Windows and Mac, her best bet (for a desktop app) is ThinkingRock, a reader favorite. As I said in my original review, it's not the prettiest of interfaces, but it implements GTD very literally, so it's a nice way for someone to get started with GTD. The app is cross-platform so your Mom can open the files it creates from any computer. It's also Java-based, which means your Mom may have to edit some environment variables and install the Java runtime at work to get it going.
If all that sounds like too much, she should try using a webapp that she can access from any computer. Nozbe is a solid online organizer specific to GTD. If your Mom is willing to set up her system using a more generic app, tons of webapps are out there that can maintain a set of GTD lists, like Stikkit or even Google Notebook. (Here's how to Get Things Done with Google Notebook). If Mom is cool with toting her GTD data on a single web page (which she can store on a thumb drive), she may be interested in using the swanky GTDTiddlyWiki, too.
Whatever tool your Mom chooses should be one she enjoys using - because that's the one she WILL use. Best of luck to her!
Love,
Lifehacker

P.S. Any readers out there cross-platform GTD'ing? Let us know how you do it in the comments.
</img>

More...