Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Canadian Iphone 3g help?

I want to get an iphone so badly, but i dont want to have a 3 year contract with rogers, at@t or whatever. Is there anyway I can get an iphone without getting a contract (or having to pay monthly) and still be able to use internet and GPS and stuff like that? BTW I live in canada

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can buy an unlocked phone from any country offering it (the US mostly, ebay might have some stuff too)

To use internet on any cell phone provider, you're going to have to get a data plan, which means you're going to have to go on monthly (pre-paid), paygo wont work.

I actually think Rogers/Fido are attaching contracts to their data plans now too, which sucks (they were starting to do it when I left)

So in answer to your question, you might be able to get it without having a contract, but you wont be able to use it for anything internet related unless you go on monthly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkus View Post
    I want to get an iphone so badly, but i dont want to have a 3 year contract with rogers, at@t or whatever. Is there anyway I can get an iphone without getting a contract (or having to pay monthly) and still be able to use internet and GPS and stuff like that? BTW I live in canada
    You can get an unlocked phone and be free from contract. But inorder to use internet and GPS you need to get a data plan or use a WiFi. Unlocked phones maybe costly, instead you can get a locked phone and then unlock it using Prounlocking.com where in you get permanent unlock service at much lower costs.