Could I use the iPhone 3G in S. Korea? The previous gen. iPhone would not work.?

RobertsonD

Jul 14, 2008
The first generation iPhone worked only on a specific type of network, and so it was impossible to get that phone working in South Korea.

I'd love to be able to get the newest installment up and running here, but am unwilling to buy it without knowing whether or not it would work on the major South Korean wireless providers.

I'm none too tech savvy, so despite endless googling and reading I've not been able to determine whether or not the new iPhone would work here. And, if it would, how, considering as far as i can tell they don't use SIM cards here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The first generation iPhone worked only on a specific type of network, and so it was impossible to get that phone working in South Korea.

I'd love to be able to get the newest installment up and running here, but am unwilling to buy it without knowing whether or not it would work on the major South Korean wireless providers.

I'm none too tech savvy, so despite endless googling and reading I've not been able to determine whether or not the new iPhone would work here. And, if it would, how, considering as far as i can tell they don't use SIM cards here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If the iPhone 3G is unlocked, then you can swap in any GSM network and it will work. Only locked phones face network restriction problem. recently, I suffered with a locked iPhone but luckily unlocked it through Unlocking4u.com and removed network restriction permanently.

Back