Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My PC's internet connection does not work, wireless laptop and PS3 work perfect?

I have a netgear wireless router. My laptop and PS3 are working perfect with the connection. My PC is direct connected to the wireless router. My PC however is working at a slower rate than dial up. It takes forever for sites to come up. Once a particular site loads, if you surf w/in that site it will go a little faster, if you try to go to a different website it takes forever. I have checked my firewalls and that doesnt seem to be the problem. Time Warner has also come over and says that it is a computer issue. I have also done a system restore and started over from scratch, still this problem remains. I really need this PC to not be so slow. My laptop is an Apple and I do not like doing my work from it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So your machine does connect, just not fast. Try clearing your dns. Go to start then run and type cmd and hit enter.
    Then type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter.