My fixed bottom retainer broke off the tooth and I can't get it fixed for a week!?

neverknew

Jul 11, 2008
I can almost feel a tooth start to twist to its old position! I am on vacation and my orthodontist is 3 states away!

Could I be risking my smile?
By broke off the tooth I mean it broke away from my tooth. (debonded)

The same thing happened to me, but except I did go to the ortho and he said it was the way my teeth were shaped. (I was beginning to get a gap between my teeth and so I went back again when it was definite i had a gap, and the retainer was debonded) This time i went, the ortho said it was loose so he completely took it off and had an assistant shave off all the glue. Next, they did a bottom mold and he told me that I would get a different retainer that would shift my teeth back in place. He also told me I would have to wear it 24/7. My problem is, is that i dont know what kind of retainer hes talking about because when I asked the assistant if it was going to be a hawley, he said no, and that it is clear. If im getting another Essix, than why didnt I get it that day since they make them there? Either the assistant has no clue what hes talking about, or the new retainer Im going to get is actually clear. Arent I suppose to get a Hawley since it was mailed out for me to go and get on the 24th? GOSH! I WISH I KNEW WHAT RETAINER I WAS GETTING!
Try going to your ortho as soon as you can!

Back