Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

6mth old started screaming at creche?

I drop my son who will be 6 months of Saturday at creche every friday morning fro an hour while I go to the gym. This is the send week in a row he has screamed the entire time. I feel awful not for my son but for the people looking after him. He is teething (two teeth in 3 weeks ) but he is never that bad and even when I get there to pick him up he screams and screams until he gets in the car then is is quite and we get home and he is fine. He used to love it get all excited and put his arms out for the carers.....
    any idea how I can help him to enjoy it again or what might be causing it? I will be asking HV on Monday
    I also leave him monday nights with daddie and wednesday with his nana and pop all day and he is fine

Ive never made a fuss of leaving him I sit him down show him the toys and the other kids and say seeya bubs and walk out Ive never been one to feel bad about it .. makes me a better mum having my own time. and the creche ladies adore him I don't think they would have hurt him or let him hurt himself. he has been going since he was 12 weeks

Downloads
    Uploads
    its natural really, as they are so use to seeing you each and everyday its a different expirience when they go to the creche, he sems to be very close to you it could be better if you left him maybe another day to so he canget use to the fact that you cant be there 24/7

hope this gets better

good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try letting him take a picture of the 2 of you together to creche, or a favourite toy, so that he has something that it familiar, it might help him feel more secure.

Good Luck

Maj