Anyone ever discharged from the reserves for medical?

S

Scuba Steve

Just wondering what the process is.
Well I was just awarded 30% service-connected disability for PTSD after being sent to Iraq for a year and watching people get blown up think thats enough?
For those who don't know, PTSD is not just STRESS. It is a mental disorder.
I actually served my four years of active duty and I am an OIF III Infantry Vet as well. I was down near Al Haswah. Heard of it? I received an honorable discharge from active duty in '06 and was put in the IRR for a year. Well, during that time I kept receiving letter upon letter requesting from the army requesting info and threatening a possible recall so I transfered to a reserve unit and changed my MOS in order to avoid being deployed again. Ever since I have done that my PTSD symptoms have grown worse. I have talked to a few different doctors and social workers and I can't seem to connect to any of them. So is it so irrational for me to want nothing to do with the army anymore?

If you fail a physical you must have your medical records sent to a Medical Review Board of military doctors to determine if you can be retained and serve with certain restrictions on your activity's or if you are deemed to be non-deployable (you cant do your war job) you can be medically discharged or medically retired (more than 15 years of service)

Back