Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: sue husband?

jaykay31

sue husband?

Can you sue your husband if he fractured your arm and had a police report? Do you need a restraining order? what is the statue of limitations?
    How much can I win? He is on probation. 3 yrs and I am getting out of the relationship at the end of the yr because of health issues. THX. ANY lawyers here too? What should I do? He is still here no physical abuse. Just waiting to get out and get more info first.

There was five yrs of mental abuse and he punched a hole in our wall. Still there. I go photos and x rays to proove it.

Derrick A
    if there's no real abuse then you can't really sue him. unless fracturing your arm was intentional or result of abuse. but if his abuse isn't consistent, then it won't look like a big deal to a judge and you probably won't get anything out of it.

thedoors02
    You can get those bills taken care of! Talk to a lawyer, he was already convicted of it. I take it you two are no longer together, he did bodily harm to YOU, and if you are putting a restraining order or are thinking of one, I suppose it was in fact on purpose. There should be no reason that you cant sue him. If you have to deal with the bills he forced upon you, than sueing sounds nice. If (and I hope you already have) you are divorcing him, than get a divorce lawyer, and bring this and anyother concerns you have up with the lawyer.

Jennifer
    Sue That Sorry B@stards Ass!

roofinrobert2006
    Get a restraining order,divorce him and sue him for mental and physical abuse.
    I can't stand a man that hits a woman !

Gentleman
    You can sue sure . Do it pronto.