Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member maggietb@sbcglobalenet's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

what happens if i cancel my att? will it cancel my sbcglobal email account?

my telephone/dsl provider is att, if i cancel it, will it cancel my e-mail address?

Downloads
    Uploads
    no. sbcglobal is run by yahoo. it wont cancell anything.

Unregistered

Component Sorry for your luck!

Quote Originally Posted by maggietb@sbcglobal View Post
    my telephone/dsl provider is att, if i cancel it, will it cancel my e-mail address?
    Sorry Maggie/et al that already faced the problem and got bad info from des, YES, @sbcglobal.net accounts are owned by ATT (which was bought by SBC, yes it's complicated! , so YES,

Cancelling DSL with AT+T *WILL* cancel your account. I ran across this thread in searching the internet for what to do.. I've read you can transfer your settings to a regular yahoo account, but i haven't found the info/instructions for that. Hopefully they'll send me the info when I call ATT to cancel. if not.. oops!
    ttfn, -@

Unregistered

Will my email account be closed if I cancel ATT DSL?

I have sbcglobal.net. -- and several disposable email addresses within this main email address. Disposables are yahoo.com. I asked ATT via chat, answer: YES, I would keep email account even if I cancel DSL. It would remain forever, they said, unless I chose to close it. Cancelling DSL would NOT cancel my email account, according to ATT.Yahoo

Unregistered
    found this thread before I canceled, and it cooled my worries. Unfortunatly, after I canceled I recieved a letter that I would lose my email in 60 days. I called SBC yahoo and they told my that they could only continue my email address for $15. Just thought I should let you guys know.

Unregistered

still gettin sbc email

After closing my SBC account three years ago, I still occasionally get email from folks who never got the new account addy. I don't think it matters to sbc if you leave, probably doesn't really cost them anything

Unregistered

Will Change to Free Yahoo

This is what you will need to do to transfer your account form the sbcglobal.net to a free yahoo.com.

You may transfer your data and preferences after the sub account is deleted, which occurs after 90 days of account suspension. If you attempt to log into the Yahoo! network (att.yahoo.com) using your AT&T Yahoo! ID and password within 90 days after deleting your sub account, you will be presented with the option of transferring your data and preferences to a new Yahoo! ID. After 100 days, any data and preferences will be deleted from AT&T Yahoo! ID.

If your account was a yahoo.com and you merged it to the sbcglobal.net then you need to do it this way.

You may unmerge the Yahoo! ID only after the sub account is deleted, which occurs after 90 days of account suspension. If you attempt to log into the Yahoo! network (att.yahoo.com) using your Yahoo! ID and password within 90 days after deleting your sub account, you will be presented with the option of unmerging the Yahoo! ID. After 100 days, if you have not unmerged your Yahoo! ID, it will automatically be unmerged.