Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cockatiel Screaming- Do you think getting another cockatiel friend would help?

I have a female cockatiel that is 5 years old. She was a wonderful pet – until I had a baby 3 years ago. I really can’t spend too much time with Birdiegirl, but I make sure she gets at least 1 hour scratchy time per day. However, the level of screaming is getting out of hand. She screams if I turn my face away. She screams if I move my legs as if I am getting off the chair. She screams if the baby leaves the room. She screams when she sees other birds outside. She screams if she hears the garage door open.

I don’t want to get rid of her because I am afraid she will not have a good life somewhere else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cockatiels love to scream. I work at Petsmart and no matter how much we interact with our cockatiels they still scream and carry on. We have 2 at the store and they scream back and forth at each other. It's their way of communicating. It might be a good idea to get her a friend though they do much better with a companion!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try getting her a mirror!
    If that dosnt work take her to the pet shop to see other birds, maybe she'll like one, and you can take *him/her home.
    *cockatiels are also expensive $50-200 (