My mom has always been a very overbearing person. And very hard to please. No matter what good I do in my life; it's not enough to make up for the bad I've done in the past. She babysits my 2 year old daughter some days when I'm at work. I appreciate that she does this (since it's free). But at the same time, it's a pain in the ass! Everything my husband & I do to raise her (ie weaning her, pottytraining her); my mom undermines by giving her bottles & not taking her to the potty when she asks. My daughter is very smart & has figured out that grandma babies & spoils her so she tells my mom she doesn't want to go back to our house when it's time. Today was the final straw when my mom verbally assaulted my husband, telling him he was the reason my daughter didn't want to come home, and to start treating her with respect (among MANY other insults). All because my husband asked her to replace the bottle with a sippy cup because we've weaned her!! Can I get a restraining order based on the

verbal abuse we've had to endure? I've heard you can only get restraining orders if the person threatens you physically. She's never threatened us this way; but the verbal abuse & undermining of the way we raise our daughter has gotten ENTIRELY out of control. I've talked to her about it SEVERAL times & it only seems to get worse. I don't know what else to do BUT get a restraining order.